This one-day financial services conference will explore the challenges faced when complying with multiple regulations and deep-dive into data protection, privacy and cyber security issues.
PrivSec events bring together privacy and security professionals to address the inextricable link between data privacy and data security, with this event focusing on the unique challenges of financial services organisations.
Are you taking accountability for your compliance?
This financial services event will deep dive into GDPR, Mifid II, Cybersecurity, global data protection laws, Brexit and the varying and possibly conflicting regulatory regimes.
- Ensure you have sufficient knowledge on accountability expectations
- Understand the issues facing your organisation around demonstrating compliance
- Prepare for the potential of an automatic audit - ensure you have a plan
- Drive a strong culture of compliance - sell compliance to senior management
- Uncover smart insights and practical tips on implementation
- Understand responsibilities and ownership strategies
- Build operational resilience
- Network with your financial services, privacy and security peers
Understand the implications of the Senior Managers Regime @ PrivSec Accountability FS 2019
The Financial Conduct Authority’s Senior Managers Regime (SMR) came into force in March 2016 for the banking and insurance sectors and is set to be extended.
This upcoming expansion will impact about 50,000 firms in the financial services sector from 9 December 2019 onwards.
The Senior Managers Regime has come into force due to a perceived lack of ownership and accountability and is creating a system that enables firms and regulators to hold people to account. Senior Managers can be held accountable if they don’t take what the regulator defines as ‘reasonable steps’ to prevent compliance breaches.
A large part of these obligations is that senior managers should establish, maintain and improve appropriate technology and cyber resilience systems and controls – including how to demonstrate accountability and compliance.
Barbican Centre in Central London will play host to PrivSec Accountability FS 2019.
London has been a critical artery for the flow of money around the world for centuries. The financial services sector accounts for about 12 percent of Britain’s economic output, employs about 1.1 million people and pays more taxes than any other industry.